Boiler pressure low then ultra high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK. Before the plumber comes round does anyone have any ideas on the following.

I was experiencing low boiler pressure for a few weeks. Kept having to open up valves and fill up every few days. Discovered a leak at one of the radiator valves and have sorted that out. Pressure seemed OK but has recently started dropping to very low again.

If I repressurise to round about 1 bar, boiler of course works. No leaks nothing visible. But within a day it had dropped too low again. Refilled again. Same problem. Went to look at the pressure when it had been on for about an hour and was astounded to see pressure had increased to over 3. Yet the following morning it had dropped back down to close to zero and needed refilling. This has happened a few times.

Any ideas anyone.

I'm really hoping this is a problem at the boiler end because the thought of all the floors coming up is terrifying me.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back