Boiler problem - Ideal Mini S24

You could try spinning the pump, see the FAQ on this site for details.

If your filling loop has been left open for very long then the new oxygen will have caused sludge in the system which blocks the pump and heat exchangers.

If you watch the system flow switch does the pin move immediately the boiler is turned on!

The pump only runs for a few seconds if the system flow switch is not activated. This prevents the pump being run dry and damaged!

You may end up needing professional help!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Apologies all - internet went down yesterday as well so I only just got the new messages.

Many thanks for all the help so far. In answer to 'diy's' q: the pressure is at 2 Bars when cold.

Tony, many thanks - I unscrewed the screw on the front of the pump, spun the internal screw, but still not joy I am afraid. Any other thoughts or is this now a job for a pro?

Best

If you watch the system flow switch does the pin move immediately the boiler is turned on!

The pump only runs for a few seconds if the system flow switch is not activated. This prevents the pump being run dry and damaged!

You may end up needing professional help!

Tony

Ah yes, I wasn't too sure what the 'system flow switch' was (is it perhaps the clear plastic, irregular shaped, box that sits above the main control pcb?) so wasn't able to check if the pin was moving. There was no movement that I could detect in the box I mention above (which the manual calls a 'CH flow switch'). Please excuse my ignorance, I am a total novice!

Best

Sponsored Links
turn it off at the mains , wait a minute then turn back on then turn a tap on . what what are you getting!

Ah yes, I wasn't too sure what the 'system flow switch' was (is it perhaps the clear plastic, irregular shaped, box that sits above the main control pcb?) so wasn't able to check if the pin was moving. There was no movement that I could detect in the box I mention above (which the manual calls a 'CH flow switch').

Best

The manual is confusing and should not call it a "CH flow switch" because its a required operation function on both CH and DHW.

If its really not moving then it may be because there is air in the boiler, the pump is not turning ( you could watch that when you turn the boiler on ) the boiler is blocked etc.

Yet again you can only do these checks within four seconds of powering the boiler! Thats until the green light flashes fast!

Tony

Hi,
I couldn't see any movement in the switch when I turned it on (I tried turning off at the mains, turning back on, then turning on a tap - nothing happened!). The pump isn't moving at all from what I can see.
Any other suggestions, or is it time to call in a pro?
Best

You might be able to see if there is any voltage being applied to the pump lead for the four seconds that its activated.

If not then you could externally power the pump AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME and see if the boiler then runs.

You have to understand that this boiler is quite clever and the timings when things happen are critical!

Only do voltage measurements if you are competent.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back