boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive got a old thorn boiler its a olympic 20/35 cf. apart of my boiler went pop. i think its the gas valve or the supperssor. its a little white thing got loads numbers on it. 9993 sp1 are sum. ive can ce vde in a triangle and retangle over it. im just wondering what it is

Sponsored Links
Yes, its a transient supressor to stop arcing on thermostat contacts. An AC rated capacitor of about 0.1µF and 100 ohms in series.

A Maplin Part No. RG22Y at £2.26 would be a suitable replacement!

Tony

Sorry, your post is not clear. However, if I've read correctly and anything has gone 'pop', turn off your boiler immediately and get a CORGI to check it out. Especially if you think it has something to do with the gas valve. :eek:

ive looked closly and i know its the supressor. ill go to maplins and get one thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
ive looked on maplins and the supressor on there only has 2 contacs will it work the same as the old one had a earth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back