Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help pressure valve was below 1 so i let some air out so it would creep up to 1.5 but couldn't tighten screw so its now 2.5 is this a propblem and if so how do i rectify this.

Sponsored Links
What you have said doesn't make any sense.

If you have over pressurised your system you can either ignore it as it will look after itself or you can let out about a litre from a radiator bleed screw until it falls to 1.5 bar cold ( or 1.8 Bar hot ).

Tony

I think you meant, you filled the system up with the filling loop and could not turn it off quick enough and the pressure carried on up to 2.5 bar.

No problem, let some water out of a radiator (best choose a radiator where the floor covering is easy to mop up 'black rusty water!) at the bleed screw until it drops down again, making sure the filling loop is turned off properly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back