Boiler Problem

Can you post a picture of this valve in case we can offer a suggestion to help?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Boiler thermostat is the most likely culprit but you need a gas registered installer to fit it and carry out the relevant safety checks.
It's a regular fault.

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff, it was something my plumber was considering but I can't get him to nail down a day to check it, I'm thinking that he cant really identify the problem so would rather distance himself from it rather than change something that wasn't the problem,

Sounds like you need to find someone who is able to diagnose boiler faults. Randomly swapping parts will soon get expensive!

Sponsored Links
That's for sure, but the the motorised valve needs replacing for sure, so I'm going to do that plus drain and de sludge as much as possible so it sounds like the only other thing to try after that is boiler thermostat replacement, failing that burst into tears

That's a wickedly inviting pint you're holding there, Jeff.

Been on holiday?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back