***Boiler Problems Baxi Combi Instant 105e ... Help Please**

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Right I'm having a few problems with my boiler....It all started a few weeks ago with a leak from one of my radiators, witch coursed the system to drop in pressure, I used the filling loop to bring the pressure back up, but when doing so the plastic leaver snapped off in my hand :eek: , letting the pressure go right off the scale!!! Going above 3 bar the pressure relief valve kicked in and since then I've had the relief pipe leaking into my back garden (but today when I found this site, and did a bit of reading I've hopefully fixed this part of my problem by opening and shutting this valve to shift any crap out of the valve seat)

So! now I'm left with just one other problem, I now have a leak from the inside of my boiler... I've got the front of and looked inside, I found that it seems to be coming from a plate with four fixing screws on it? The plate has two small pipes going into it and a microswitch mounted on it...If that helps? :confused: ( sorry don't know much about this kind of stuff!) I've taken a couple of pictures to try and help explain where the leak is, I don't think its coming from the joint its self but from behind it... Anyway if you think you can help me out, I can email the pictures to you for you to take a look...

Any help with this would be great thanks!! With the right info I hope I can fix this problem... Cheers!

Steve.

Sponsored Links
cut your losses and get a chap in

you should have turned off the mains water as soon as you broke the filling loop

the excess pressure has probably broken some seals in the boiler.

please get someone in

corgiman said:
cut your losses and get a chap in

you should have turned off the mains water as soon as you broke the filling loop

the excess pressure has probably broken some seals in the boiler.

please get someone in

Thanks for your reply, when you say it may be a seal is there no chance I could replace it myself? Would you know how to fix this problem? If you see the pictures I've taken you may be able to help me out by giving me some direction.... Or do you really think its time to call it a day?

Cheers for your help!

Any more comments welcome...

Sponsored Links
If you can post the picture in your posting here I am sure some of the regulars can advise.

You need to place the image on one of the hosting sites like photobucket then click the image button above when posting and click it a second time after typing the site address.

Might be the diverter valve hydraulic unit at the left but yoyu seem to have only counted half the screws!

Tony

Thanks for that Tony I'll try and upload my pictures to the site later today... I've just had a look at the Photobucket site and it says its under site maintenance, I'll try when I return from work today.

Watch this space!

4 Screws and microswitch this will be the central heating pressure differential valve which is the top part of the divertor valve . It will be leaking from the gland nut which can be bought as part of a diaphragm kit and take 5 mins to fit.

But he said :-

"""The plate has two small pipes going into it and a microswitch mounted on it"""

The system flow switch is connected from underneath to the diverter valve without any small pipes.

It sounds to me much more like the diaphragm unit with the "two small pipes" !

Tony

sounds like leaking from behind front section of water diaphragm housing( the diverter is split into 2 parts)If its leaking between the front section and rear the seal inside the rear has gone.

werewolf said:
sounds like leaking from behind front section of water diaphragm housing( the diverter is split into 2 parts)If its leaking between the front section and rear the seal inside the rear has gone.

Or the seal at the back of the diaphragm unit! Whichever can be determined by a loss of system pressure.

Tony

Sounds like you need Part No. 248723
DHW differential valve.

Hi Again, Ok, I think I've done this right!! :confused: Take a look at my pics and see what you think the part/problem is. The arrow indicates where the leak appears to be coming from.
Also could anyone please tell me if any of the pipes that go to this part are gas, or are they all water? and how easy is it to replace this part?

Cheers! All

S2300039.jpg

S2300042.jpg

Oh, and thanks to Agile for letting me know how to get my pictures on here... Very easy site to use that Photobucket...Nice one!

Yes, I helped you post the picture but I missed that it was the "instant" and was wondering why you did not have eight screws!

Its still the DHW diaphragm unit and its one of the shaft seals behind it.

If the system pressure falls then its the rear seal and if its the DHW leaking with no fall in system pressure than its forward DHW seal.

If the system was overpressured then it would be expected to be the rear seal.

Tony

I too missed the instant bit which is why i went for the heating valve with 4 screws. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back