Boiler Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Vaillant Boiler model 824E. The boiler is located in our bedroom and has started making a creaking noise in the morning when it starts up. The best way to describe the noise is like a really fast dripping say 100 drips per minute and then this slows down to say one drip/creek every 10 seconds. This sequence repeats for about 5minutes while the boiler warms up. I originally though it might be the pipes under the floor expanding and contracting against the wooden floor boards when they heat up, but we had the heater on all night last night and it makes the noise throughout.

I checked the boiler status code s.07 - Water pump over run, but this is normal during the boilers operation.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
I would have expected the noise to be caused by expansion noises.

The only way to identify it is to use a mechanical stethescope or "listening stick" to identify where it comes from.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back