Boiler quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been quoted £3060 for a new Worcester combi boiler and 5 new energy efficient radiators with thermostats. The old central heating piping will be utilized.

Does this sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any more than 3 in total is wasting everyones time though

But when your spending that amount of cash it's sensible to get a good price. 3 grand to me is a lot of money.

It might seem alot but it depends on the installer and the materials he's using. I was discussing this with a customer the other day. The price of materials can vary drastically, so don't be afraid to ask whats going to be used. What trv's, rad valves, boiler model and output. I put all this info in my qoutes anyway, but many don't. Specifying a combi will require checking of the mains pressure flow rate, and checking if the gas supply is suitable or needs upgrading. So be wary of anyone who's in and out in 30seconds. However if you get 3 good installers give a qoute that's really enough.

Well he did check the water flow and gas meter. He stayed about 20-30 mins. I assume they take out the old boiler as part of the job (am I right?) I would also keep the old emertion tank because of the copper scrap value ;) LOL

he will be very upset when you say you will keep the old cylinder, not that they are worth much at the minute

Why if it was less than £2500 would the guy be a cowboy , if expensive meant good then everyone on rogue traders would be at the top of there game.

Scrap cylinder will be worth about 15 quid if your lucky just now.

What worcester where you quoted for

not saying i wouldnt accept a quote under that its just round my way if people get quoted less than that it usually means no magna clean, powerflush etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back