Boiler recommendation

You do however have to upgrade to bs1566 and install necessary trv's interlock and probably time for a new pump, pipework may need alteration to allow for full independant control of heating and hot water, system will require a major clean out if the new boiler is to last.

Sponsored Links
I've got TRVs on all but one rad (the one in the room with the room stat) and I took each rad off, outside, and washed it out. Do I need to do a whole system flush as well?

I was giving you free professional advice but unfortunately you dont want it.

Obviously that is your choice!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ok so no one wants to recommed a particular make but I think I'll go for Worcester/bosch. Now I'm undecided which route to take as now I'm a little confused. Many people I have spoken to highly recommend combi's but some replies on here say they're no good for family homes. So here's my scenario I'm in the process of doing up a 1930's extended 3 bed semi that my family of 4 just moved into so I thought I would get the most disruptive work out of the way first. The boiler is 16 year old Ideal mexico super 2 rs 60 and probally nearing the end of it's life and thought I would replace it with a more modern/efficient unit. So with everyone I spoke to saying combi was the way to go thats what I thought I would do. The length of time it takes to fill a bath with a combi doesn't bother me or my family at all as we rarely take baths but I'm going to fit a thermostatic shower in the main bathroom and the en suite and have been told combis provide good pressure for this type of shower. We have a dishwasher and the washing machines on every day but not usually at the times when people are showering so I don't think that matters too much. Thanks everyone for your replies so far but do you think I should stay with the gravity feed hot water cylinder and just upgrade the boiler or go for the combi.

"""Thanks everyone for your replies so far but do you think I should stay with the gravity feed hot water cylinder and just upgrade the boiler or go for the combi."""

I gave you free professional advice but unfortunately you prefer to ignore it.

But you may end up with an unsuitable system as a result of ignoring advice given to you!

Tony

Tony please don't reply to anymore of my posts your either a wind up merchant or you're very hostile to novices(yes I have read your replies to other people) ;)

I hope the rest of you don't think I'm not listening to the advice I have received so far because I am. But as I said before I've never bought a boiler before and want to get the best one to suit my particular circumstances thats why I give as much info as possible. So to anyone who cares to share their experience what would you do.

i would listen to Agile.Although a bit hostile , he gives very good advice.

Agile said:
I was giving you free professional advice but unfortunately you dont want it.

Tony
Was that areply to me or rikki

Agile said:
I was very happy to give you free professional advice but unfortunately you dont want it.

Obviously that is your choice but you may get something unsuitable!

Tony
Oh I get what you've done now you've changed all of your replies. Sorry I wont drop to your level.

bryan walker said:
Tony please don't reply to anymore of my posts .

I was only responding to your request!

The customer is always right and knows what he wants!

Tony

As Agile says, the best route is to get in a CORGI registered person to look at your requirements and advise.

If you do what most people do, and get 2 or 3 alternative quotations, hopefully one will stand out from the others as being the approach you like best.

There isn't ONE best boiler, that is why my company, in common with most other tradesmen on this site, have 2 or 3 brands in their repertoire. Good tradesmen take all manner of things into account when recommending a suitable boiler, including; space, type of boiler, flow rate, layout of existing pipework, type of controls to suit customer etc.

That is why you will receive sometimes conflicting advice here, in the main it is because we all have to imagine your exact circumstances, and invariably we are all seeing a slightly different picture.

If CORGI boiler fitters all did our research on the internet we'd all be fitting Kestons :rolleyes:

A combi will cope just fine with the average 3 bed house. Thats why they are so popular.

As the other say, just get a few installers round, or ask your neighbours if they have or know of a good installer. Round here reputations travel very quickly so you soon get to know who to avoid. Ask at your local plumbers merchants, assuming you get a member of staff who knows a bit they will usually help out with a few names you can trust..they know who they are.

As to boiler choice...all the bits that go wrong on my car seem to have Bosch written on them, so it does influence me a bit...probably wrongly, but there you go.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back