Boiler removal quick question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question while I'm on here if anyone can help :D I'm to pick a boiler up (old been taken out) from my friends near me and take it to the scrap metal place. It is a combi boiler, Falcon make apparantly.

Will I be able to lift it on my own, I am quite strong, and also will it fit in my car boot? Anyone ever lifted/moved a boiler before?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply

Was just a bit worried as they do like quite heavy - and my car isn't huge, just a ford fiesta !

My old boiler was so heavy when I shifted it a few years back, 2 of us had ti as it was an old cast iron heat exchanger type.

Have you come across the falcon boiler before?

Quick question while I'm on here if anyone can help :D I'm to pick a boiler up (old been taken out) from my friends near me and take it to the scrap metal place. It is a combi boiler, Falcon make apparantly.

Will I be able to lift it on my own, I am quite strong, and also will it fit in my car boot? Anyone ever lifted/moved a boiler before?

Thanks

this is quite a sensible post, but without more info how do you expect an answer, to the questions you asked, yes i have lifted boilers on my own, yes they fit in the boot of MY car, but that ingo means little to you, ok if 1 human being cannot lift a bus then any other cant lift the bus either, but now that you know i can lift a boiler we will assume a lot of them are similar so you have a chance if you are reasonably fit, you also know a boiler will git in the boot of my car, what kind of car do i have? therefore how can we answer if it will go in the boot of your car without knowing what car you have, we are good at giving advice on here, but give us a chance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back