Boiler replacement quote /ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx this is good feedback I was thinking more in the lines of 1650. Max

So I will report back

Thanks for reply. I note this is DIY site. At the same time I know there are arrogant negative looking people like you lurking on here. Some of the threads I have read look like a **** take.

You claim there are already things wrong in what I am asking for? Care to elaborate sherlock. This was my primary request in the post.

Your generalisation of putting me in the which reader bucket don't help. I guess you came to that conclusion because I picked a WB and not Valiant or Intergas. Another thing I won't be calling in BG they are wasters. 4k plus quote I can imagine

Ive recently had two boilers fitted at my parents and sisters thou there are away from Essex. Hence to requests above.

The saying goes. If you have nothing good (useful) to say, then stay mute.

I have given you many useful pointers in my response, should you choose not to read into them what you will then so be it. You want quotes for what you have specified then so be it. I simply pointed out that your specification is wrong and you need your hand holding by a proper installer.

As to the person that commented about the attitude, the attitude came off as a client that wishes to micro manage an installation without having the first clue as to what they are on about. He already knows what the boiler flue etc will cost through the cheapest possible internet market and has taken on board nothing much else. He will want the cheapest of cheap forsaking all else. These are our rogue customers that we choose not to work for.

Remember we choose you as customers!!

Sponsored Links

So I will report back

Thanks for reply. I note this is DIY site. At the same time I know there are arrogant negative looking people like you lurking on here. Some of the threads I have read look like a **** take.

You claim there are already things wrong in what I am asking for? Care to elaborate sherlock. This was my primary request in the post.

Your generalisation of putting me in the which reader bucket don't help. I guess you came to that conclusion because I picked a WB and not Valiant or Intergas. Another thing I won't be calling in BG they are wasters. 4k plus quote I can imagine

Ive recently had two boilers fitted at my parents and sisters thou there are away from Essex. Hence to requests above.

The saying goes. If you have nothing good (useful) to say, then stay mute.

I have given you many useful pointers in my response, should you choose not to read into them what you will then so be it. You want quotes for what you have specified then so be it. I simply pointed out that your specification is wrong and you need your hand holding by a proper installer.

As to the person that commented about the attitude, the attitude came off as a client that wishes to micro manage an installation without having the first clue as to what they are on about. He already knows what the boiler flue etc will cost through the cheapest possible internet market and has taken on board nothing much else. He will want the cheapest of cheap forsaking all else. These are our rogue customers that we choose not to work for.

Remember we choose you as customers!!
Maybe your interpretation of his original post is correct and he is a nightmare customer. I don't know.

The fact is there was no bad attitude in that post and your over the top reaction was embarrassing and made you seem like a big sensitive girl. Perhaps you could go to the doctors and get a hormone injection.

So I will report back

There lies your problem. You've already found the boiler and mag filter for £1250, now you want someone to come and stick it on the wall, (properly), supplying all necessary bits, pieces and consumables required to do so, flush the system, commission the boiler etc for basically £400....

Make sure you've got somewhere for him to tie his horse up.

Hi am looking to replace my alpha cb24 this month as it keeps loosing pressure and it's old non condensing pretty 2005. Don't want to repair it. We have a baby due soon. My thinking is will be using more gas / heating so better to have something efficient.

Don,t be too surprised if your new boiler is no more efficient than your old non-condensing boiler,
And loosing pressure on your present boiler will be nothing to what surprises your new boiler may have in store.

Sponsored Links
Ok so far

First company guy came round. He had a little trouble establishing if there was 22mm gas going to the boiler. He was a worcestor accredited installer. Seems receptive to my questions. 8 years warranty as am taking the filter but don't want the controls (wave)

2160 all in with VAT. I expected this as my I live on fringes of greater London. Plus the 16 plate Audi on my driveway don't help.

The other quote was done remotely. This guy just fits boilers day in day out. Same description of works

1740 all in with VAT.

Good tradesmen who get work by recommendations from satisfied customers often have too much work so they do not have to cover lost income while sitting waiting for a customer to phone..

It isn't that simple but the basic concept is valid, the fewer hours the tradesman works in the week the more he has to charge per hour to get a decent weeks income

I agree cust from hell all very well he can find it on internet for £1250 but a local installer want to buy locally and get support from the seller if things go wrong what if 600mm flue too short what if the condense cant be put where he imagines it cut and paste plumbing he will get what he wants, let him go

A MAGNACLEANSE DUAL FILTER MAGNETIC FLUSH (POWERLUSH) AS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE BUILDING REGULATION FOR ENGLAND & WALES, PART L - 2006 (BS 7593)
And what makes you think this ? and why do you think you need a cp12

No, never fitted a combi. But I have stayed in houses where a combi has been fitted.

Having a shower in those houses can be hazardous when someone turns on a hot tap.

The suddem change from hot shower to cold shower is at best not comfortable, it can result in a fall as the person tries to get away from the cold water..

When the hot tap is turned off and the shower once again has hot water then the time taken for the shower thermostatic valve to react is long enough for the un-expected hot water to scald the person in the shower.

Probably why two people I know last year had their combi replaced by heat only.

And mind your language, it reduces your credibility even more than it is already.

I take it you know how a thermostatic shower gets over that problem

A MAGNACLEANSE DUAL FILTER MAGNETIC FLUSH (POWERLUSH) AS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE BUILDING REGULATION FOR ENGLAND & WALES, PART L - 2006 (BS 7593)
And what makes you think this ? and why do you think you need a cp12

You can't replace a boiler without a flush or chemical clean. It's regs if you don't know why are you questioning me.

CP12 in case I rent my place out in within 12 months of installation.

i know the regs it doesnt ask for a powerflush.
Surely you would know if your going to be renting your main residence out its not something you might just do

++++++++
Moderator's note

Some unhelpful or abusive posts have been removed
++++++++

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back