Boiler Replacement

O

oompah

At the moment i have a apollo fanfare 15/30 boiler its on its last legs,so i need a replacement.The local engineer i deal with recommends gloworm boilers, i would like a like for like replacement ie:keep the same system set up.The info i have on the apollo is output 4.4kw 15,000 btu/h,6.6kw 22,00 btu/h,8.8kw 30,000btu/h how do i find the correct output to compare boilers.Sorry its a 30/50 so output figs 8.8kw 30,000btu/h 11.7kw 40,000 btu/h 14.7kw 50,000 btu/h.

Sponsored Links
At the moment i have a apollo fanfare 15/30 boiler its on its last legs,so i need a replacement.

I have the same boiler and have been thinking of replacing it ever since I moved in two years ago. When I had it serviced, earlier in the year, I asked the engineer about replacement and he told me not to bother until it was not economical to repair.

Has yours reached this state?

If so, have a look at the Broag Avantaplus 18V. Details Here

I found it when researching boilers, in case mine keeled over completely. It is the only one which will fit inside the kitchen cupboard, where the existing boiler is. It also comes with a 5 year guarantee. Comments on this site have been favourable and the price is good.

Thanks for that D-Hailsham, there a stockist just out of town so will go and have a look.Another question the system will need to be clean when putting a new boiler to it so is it worth putting any additive/cleaner into the system now before any work is done through the summer months?

Sponsored Links
... so is it worth putting any additive/cleaner into the system now before any work is done through the summer months?

No harm in putting a cleaner such as Sentinel X400 in the system, running it for about 4 weeks, draining, refilling and adding X100 inhibitor.

But the installer will still have to comply with the mfrs installation instructions so far as cleaning the system is concerned, otherwise the manufacturer may not honour the guarantee on the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back