boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Boiler has reached the time for replacement. It is a conventional type. Undecided whether to go with similar conventional one or switch to a Combi? Will be getting some quotes for replacement. Views appreciated on staying with similar or switching to Combi?
Views on good replacement makes?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the plumbing system for heating and hot water that you have now is adequate for your needs then there is no need to change to a combi. To change for the sake of it will involve a lot of hassle and you may end up with a system that is not as good as the one you have now.

Sponsored Links
Depends on the size of your house - for example my 2 bed bungalow is going to have an Intergas combi at some time. Thanks to the guys here and their recommendations. There will only be a 6foot pipe run to the sink and 10 foot to the shower. The bath is seldom used. If necessary I will dig the garden and lay a new larger MDPE main. Anyone like to do the job, guys ? I'm near Eastbourne Sussex.;)

@ambi you will have to give a lot more information about your heating and Hot water needs to get the advice that you need

I've installed worcester, glowworm, heatline, biasi, chaffateux, baxi, ariston and intergas.
I repair all makes and models, all over the last 30 yrs.

When my 15yr old worcester combi dies, I'm having an intergas. I wouldn't even consider any other. The only decision to make would be what model.

Could be swapped for £84 if they're are no soil pipes in tthe way or need for an oscilloscope or defibrillator, sari costume or a meal out anywhere.

If the plumbing system for heating and hot water that you have now is adequate for your needs then there is no need to change to a combi. To change for the sake of it will involve a lot of hassle and you may end up with a system that is not as good as the one you have now.
Don't you know the Part L requirements?

Intergas combi boilers a very versatile & well suited to low pressure systems. Get a couple of quotes & see what the guys recommend, the best people to fire questions at are the potential installer. Here's great for advice, if it's the right people giving it!!

Don't you know the Part L requirements?

I have read Part L

4.26 requires that replacement boilers are not significantly less efficient than the boiler being replaced. If a change of fuel is involved then carbon emissions need to be considered as well.

Intergas combi boilers a very versatile & well suited to low pressure systems. Get a couple of quotes & see what the guys recommend, the best people to fire questions at are the potential installer. Here's great for advice, if it's the right people giving it!!
Totally agree,that is the problem with here, too many attention seekers advising of things that they know nothing of,then someone looking for advice reads it and thinks it is correct because they read on tinternet, then you get others quoting the garbage and it becomes like chinese whispers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back