Boiler Safety Discharge Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a new boiler installed in a house thats currently being renovated. The boiler is in the middle of the propert and I am aware the safety discharge for the heating will have to be run to somewhere suitable.

My question is whether this can be run in the floor around 5-6m to the outside wall (nearest outside wall) or could it be discharged through a HepvO to the nearby SVP?

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
The discharge pipe has to be run in copper. It also has to be run in a downward route to its discharge point .

OK to run pressure relief pipe below floor, SVP will be handy for condensate drain.

Thanks,

As long as there is a slight drop, it can run within the screed?

Will it need to be protected i.e. kuterlex?

Sponsored Links
Nah! why go to expense of kuterlex,as long as it's adequately protected ,taped etc........

Yeah it should be OK in the screed but it will need to be protected to stop it corroding. Max run on 15mm is 9m, less 0.5m for evey bend, any longer than that and it should be 22mm pipe

Off course did not think off the condense pipe this has to be run in 32 mm if its over 1.2 meters

i have read a manual from hepworth that you can run in plastic aslong as it is the correct type of plastic, and hepworth make all the fittings for the d2 pipe onwards. but i have not yet seen the convertor that goes from the bottom of the tundish into the hepvo

Two points where does it say that a boiler safety discharge pipe can only be 9 metres of 15mm
and as big burner has commented where do you get the figure of 1.2metres for condensate.

And to OP as for using plastic to run it remember under fault conditiond the water could be leaving the boiler at around 100 centigrade and over 3 bar pressure so it would have to be able to keep its shape,structure etc etc. which will be in manufacturers instructions or BS

The HepVo waste has passed Building Regs tests for unvented discharge, we use them all the time into SVPs etc.

It has to mounted vertically for this application, I can't remember the parts, I think it is BV1 and BV2 adaptors from memory.

Hepworth have a document listing the approvals and the adaptors, have it on file in the office. We always keep one set on the shelf, very useful.

assuming this is a condesing combi.what about condo by product?.always the option of a by law kit and lift pump

The pipework has to be run like normall regulations
32mm max length 1.7m
40mm 3.0m max length with a 18 mm drop for each length.
3m max for condense pipe of 19mm

so you would need 3m of 19mm from boiler to under the floor thats about 2 meters and upgrade the size to 40mm for the rest so approx 5 meters under the floor in 40 mm with approx 40mm drop. if you have a screed floor sounds like you can not do it.

Change Boiler position.

And what boiler manufacturer stipulates those sizes. most say maximum of 3 meters of 19mm in an unheated area then it must be 32mm. With no max distance with correct fall in heated or if outside 32mm with no max

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back