boiler service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm soon going to have someone service my combi-boiler, and wondered if it would it be reasonable to request that he bleed a couple radiators and adjust the water pressure of the boiler? or is this something that would generally be included as part of a service anyway?

I know you're not allowed to ask for estimates on here, but if a few people could let me know how much their last service cost, it'd be much appreciated (just so i've got an idea of what is the going rate).

also, could someone tell me what is the effect of a boiler having a water pressure that is too low? mine is too low, but i'd rather hang fire and let someone competent tend to it, rather than make a balls up of it myself.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I do not bleed radiators unless specifically asked on a service, but topping up the system pressure is standard practice.

Not correcting the fault that has caused it though (if any).

Too low pressure can cause noise and possibly stop rads getting hot. Extreme case would be boiler damage, but most good maks would have a low pressure cut out to safeguard the HE.

I charge £60 + VAT. This will vary across the country no doubt.

All depends of the model, age, how long it is since last service and the state it is in, and your location, not to mention if it will need parts

Sponsored Links
You should know how to "top up" your own combi boiler to its correct pressure , usually 1 bar although some work on as low as o.5 bar depending on the make/ model/ specification due to low water pressure in the area. Get your service guy to give you a demo, and if the filling loop has one of those crappy ball-o-fix valves get him to change it for one that has a handle on it. Pay about £45 for a service in Liverpool. Not as rich as the southerners :LOL: As for VAT I haven't crossed that boundary yet and don't intend to :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back