Boiler service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know if its fair to post this up here but anyone know who is offering boiler service at a competitive price?

I foolishly missed the offer B Gas were doing in the summer and am now looking at getting it serviced and qoutes in the region of £89.

If only I had done it a few months ago as B Gas were offering it at £60.

Many thanks

I am in West London

Sponsored Links
You'd probably be better off getting an independant Gas Safe registered engineer in to carry out the service. BG are known for trying to sell you unnecessary extras or a new boiler. Also the quality of the service may depend on the engineer and how much else he is expected to do in that day. You get what you pay for, a service is more than taking the cover off and looking inside.....

To: Glasgow gas

Firstly I am assuming the FFS is a swear word?

Is it really necessary to have to be so rude? Do you need to resort to that level?

£89 is actually a lot of money for a single parent who is working her butt off but hit in this economic climate like so many of us, so next time you make such a rude comment please bear that in mind.

I would hate to think that you represent the opinions of what I thought were gentlemen here.

So rude, its beyond belief.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Hugh

Thanks for posting some helpful info.

Am going to look at the Gas Safety Register Site and find a local independant who can do the job.

Regards

I've just twigged what FFS means!
RIng BG as may still offer you it for that price.
And don't listen not all BG lads will try and sell ;)

Firstly I am assuming the FFS is a swear word?

Is it really necessary to have to be so rude? Do you need to resort to that level?

£89 is actually a lot of money for a single parent who is working her butt off but hit in this economic climate like so many of us, so next time you make such a rude comment please bear that in mind.

I would hate to think that you represent the opinions of what I thought were gentlemen here.

So rude, its beyond belief.

I am sorry for your personal situation, but your economic situation will not make the boiler service any cheaper. the price of a job, is the price of the job

£89 is a lot of money for anybody to pay out, what do you think is a fair price?

as for the FFS my apologies

The point I was making, which you overlooked, was that had I arranged for the service two months ago I would have paid £60 and Npower were also doing a deal for £50.

It's my fault and my loss as I will now have to pay more, but I never intended to insult anyone here as you clearly took it the wrong way.

I dont know why people need to resort to being abusive in this day and age as all I was doing was asking for information.

Clearly the current going rate is circa £90 so I will pay it.

I also dont wish to enter into any more discussions with you glasgow gas.

It may be worth asking Tony who posts on here what he would charge you, he works in the London area, although im unsure as to which areas he may cover.

If you search his username 'Agile' I believe his mobile number is in his profile. He has mentioned his charge for a boiler service before but I cannot remember how much off the top of my head, however he does know a lot about boilers!

Tony pays his customers to service their boiler... :)

Hugh, You take the cover off????.. I'll never make that mistake again, not after last time! The fire brigade are still investigating!... :eek:

...£89 is actually a lot of money for a single parent who is working her butt off but hit in this economic climate like so many of us...
It is your choice to be a single mum, why do you expect us to work at half rate just because you chose to live like you do?
Pleading poverty whilst being a landlord smells of hypocrisy to me as well.

...£89 is actually a lot of money for a single parent who is working her butt off but hit in this economic climate like so many of us...
It is your choice to be a single mum, why do you expect us to work at half rate just because you chose to live like you do?

not really thought that through have you? there are many instances where a mother could find herself bringing up children on her own. :rolleyes:

TBH I wouldnae pay BG £50 to telegan my boiler. Id rather pay 100 and get a full strip down service and have the diaphragms, seals etc that need done.
The OP sounds a wee bit suss if you read their other threads and posts TBH FFS ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back