Boiler servicing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone tell me what is a good price for an annual servicing of a boiler? It's an Alpha if that makes any difference.
==========================
please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
This is going to depend on your location. Out here on the essex coast I charge £45. Don't matter to me what boiler. Some take longer then others but that a bit of give and take. :)

I'm in West Sussex. The guy that fitted it for me said he'd give me a special rate cos I got it through him and wants to charge me £75!!

We charge £55 for a wall mounted boiler in the London area and £65 for a CF and £75 for a back boiler.

The real difference is whats actually done!

DP spends two hours and takes out the main heat exchanger and changes the diverter diaphragm.

BG do a "safety check" which involves a flue gas analysis and takes less than 10 minutes. If the CO/CO² ratio is below 0.004 they dont even take the cover off !

In addition to the usual we always check the min/max gas valve settings and the ignition setting and set the CH output ( which installers never bother to set! ).

Tony

Sponsored Links
I guess there is no real way of knowing what someone does when they caome in. Many peopl I speak to says its not worth gettingthem servicied for the price but as its just under 2 years old the only way I can keep the warranty up is to have it serviced.

Its an Alpha Combi boiler not condensing, the flue is out the roof.

Agile said:
BG do a "safety check" which involves a flue gas analysis and takes less than 10 minutes. If the CO/CO² ratio is below 0.004 they dont even take the cover off !

Not officialy Tony, a visual check on the condition of the case seal + leaking heat exchanger is part of the safety check. These are for contract customers aswell, a stand alone service should be just that. Of course as with all businesses it is down to the engineer you get though.

Well in that case anyone know of a decent boiler service person who is willing to do horsham, west sussex.

I would charge £59.50 for a Combi service.

Things checked...

Gas Pressure (c/h and h/w)

Hot water flow rate

Emmisions (sic probably) This includes flame picture obviously

Case seals

System pressure hot and cold

Ensure filling loop is disconnected

Fuse amperage

Burner removed and cleaned.

Pressure switch tubes.

An overall visual inspection of any leaks / potential leaks (ie crusted over)

Surely that is a basic service?

David

Soggy_weetabix said:
I would charge £59.50 for a Combi service.

Things checked...

Gas Pressure (c/h and h/w)

Hot water flow rate

Emmisions (sic probably) This includes flame picture obviously

Case seals

System pressure hot and cold

Ensure filling loop is disconnected

Fuse amperage

Burner removed and cleaned.

Pressure switch tubes.

An overall visual inspection of any leaks / potential leaks (ie crusted over)

Surely that is a basic service?

David

Pity horsham aint near you......means my boiler man is taking the **** as he says thats his special deal!! LOL

Plus

inspect and check the effectiveness of the flue (including roof spaces etc)
test safety devices fitted
calculate and check any required ventillation for appliance

and

meter control valve working ok
working pressure at meter
tightness of gas installation

and

visual/spilage checks on all other appliances

and if applicable issue a Not to Current Standards form to cover ones a**e :)

Gasguru said:
Plus

inspect and check the effectiveness of the flue (including roof spaces etc)
test safety devices fitted
calculate and check any required ventillation for appliance

and

meter control valve working ok
working pressure at meter
tightness of gas installation

and

visual/spilage checks on all other appliances

and if applicable issue a Not to Current Standards form to cover ones a**e :)

dont forget the most important thing

Tea two suges luvverly ;)

most jobs i go to tell me that the last person to service their appliance was Henry. gets about a bit him.:cool: :LOL:

Horsham.......Waddya expect ,near Bloody Gatwick innit :LOL: Come to E. Sussex and see real poverty :cry:

How many times have U heard: " Are you sure you know what ur doing. the last guy never did that." Usually just after removing the casing. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back