Boiler Sounds Like a Plane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago I had the expansion vessell recharged on my Alpha CB25 boiler and one of the valves changed by British Gas under their homecare service.

Now a couple of days later, about 2 or 3 times a day my boiler makes a noise that sounds like a plane for about 20 seconds when it is on, all the heating/hot water is working fine there is just this noise.

I got Brtish Gas back out and without taking anything off or looking properly the guy said I need a powerflush because the heat exchange must have sludge in it, I asked him if there is anything else it could be and was it just a coincidence that I had never heard this noise before then a couple of days after having work done on the boiler it has started doing it a few times a day and he said it was a coincidence and it is definately that that is the problem, he did check the gas pressue and said that it was right.
Is he right that it could only be this one thing that is making this noise? I have read about British Gas pushing this powerflush all the time and that theirs is expensive so if this is what it needed then I won't be going to them for it to be done anyway, but if it is something else then I would like to push for it to be done under the homecare agreement.

Thanks,
Danny

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back