boiler spares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate has a boiler under 3 star cover from BG (don't laugh). It is a Potterton Lynx electronic. They say they cannot repair it as the part he*thinks* isn't working is an air flow sensor. I think the BG bloke doesn't actually know whats wrong with it as he was taking over the phone for advice from Potterton technical and it looks like he is playing swapsies with parts untill it works. Anyways the part ,according to Potterton and their authorised parts ditributors, is obsolete and is no longer avaliable. This is the reply from 5 different distributors. I have tried HRPC and no stock. The part number is 300303 ( potterton part number) . I had a word with the BG fitter and we agreed that if I find the part he will fit it.If anyone knows where I can get this part I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Ta.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know its called an air flow sensor. the parts dept also recognised it as an air flow sensor from the part number. I haven't seen the part in question so don't know if its part of the fan.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
try 642212 1 Air flow switch (H'Well C6065A 1093) 379 350 :idea:

Thanks Kevplumb. Is the first number a superseeded product number, and the second an equivilant Honeywell replacement part?

Corgigazza.
I tried two curzonecare branches and both couldn't find any stock at any branches,even though it is listed on their online catalogue.

tony_m said:
I think the BG bloke doesn't actually know whats wrong with it as he was taking over the phone for advice from Potterton technical

I hate that.....that's what manufacturer's technical helplines are there for. Its friday afternoon, brain aches, boiler's older than gods dog, been telling you last 5 years parts are obsolete and still you want an instant miracle :rolleyes:

It's there under lynx electronic> burner, heat exchanger flue hood etc. Ref number 14.

ollski said:
tony_m said:
I think the BG bloke doesn't actually know whats wrong with it as he was taking over the phone for advice from Potterton technical

I hate that.....that's what manufacturer's technical helplines are there for. Its friday afternoon, brain aches, boiler's older than gods dog, been telling you last 5 years parts are obsolete and still you want an instant miracle :rolleyes:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick ollski.

not you specifically tony....I just hate in general when you try that little bit harder to get a problem solved by ringing others for advice and the customer then treats you like you don't know anything.....one of my many bugbears

ollski said:
not you specifically tony....I just hate in general when you try that little bit harder to get a problem solved by ringing others for advice and the customer then treats you like you don't know anything.....one of my many bugbears

That I do agree with ollski.

Been down that road many times, even been asked who's paying for my time :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for all the constructive replies. The thread was gaining some great results untill it was hijacked. Thanks to kevplumb, corgigazza and ChrisR.
If the part doesn't turn up, and it looks like it won't after searching online tonight, it does look like a new replacement boiler.

There's a boiler breaker I can put you in contact with, Lynxes in herds, email me.

locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back