Boiler Standby Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a query regarding a Ferroli Combi Boiler.

When ever the hot water tap is used while the heating is on, the heating system will go into 'standby'. The heating usually resumes 4 mins after the hot tap is closed (providing that is nobody else has switched on a hot tap elsewhere in the house.

I have four kids! As you can imagine in the morning there is a queue for the bathroom and downstairs loo. The hot tap is contantly on and so the heating never gets the chance to warm the house.

Is this normal? People have suggested to switch the heating an hour before everybody wakes up, to at least warm the house up but it can still be a problem in the evening.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, maybe I should have mentioned, I'm not in the trade.

Kevplumb thanks for prompt reply...are you suggesting that, thats what it supposed to do. If so, is there anyway of reducing the waiting time.

Just talk to me like one of those guys who turns up to B&Q with an elbow and says "Have you got one of these?"

Sponsored Links
I have a Ferroli Modena.
The boiler is designed to shut CH off when domestic hot water is turned on.
It will not start up in CH mode for 3 mins after hot tap is turned off.
Go to the www.ferroli.co.uk website & you can download a manual for your boiler.

Hope this helps.

JonB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back