Boiler/Thermostat Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a Glow Worm combi-boiler with a Salus radio transmitter thermostat for the central heating.

Firstly, I've never had a problem with the hot water.

The boiler and thermostat have both been fitted for about 2 years and the only time I've had a problem is when someone must have moved in down the road with the same code set up for the receiver and my heating went on and off at all times.

The problem I have at the moment is as follows:

The central heating simply does not switch on in the evening unless I reset the boiler/receiver and even then it tends to switch itself off again without warning.

The set up as a follows:

The boiler is in the airing cupboard and is connected to the receiver for the thermostat. The thermostat is down stairs.

The system should work as follows;

I up the temperature on the thermostat. A flame light goes on and it sends a signal to the receiver. The receiver has a red light on it which indicates it is on and a green light that indicates it is receiving a message from the thermostat to do something. The receiver sends a signal down the wire to the boiler to kick in.

Anytime for 6am in the morning to 3ishpm it works absolutely fine (which is the weirdest thing).

In the evening I up the temperature on the thermostat, the flame light goes on and the green light lights up on the receiver. The boiler does not respond but no error codes come up on the boiler.

If I reset the boiler and receiver it will respond to the thermostat but then tends to just switch off after 30 min or so.

I have tried the following:

Reset the boiler.
Reset the receiver.
Replaced the batteries in the thermostat.
Reset the settings on the thermostat.
Re-coded the thermostat and receiver.

Unfortunately, I've not found any permanent solution.

I could understand if it was intermittent all the time or if the problem in the evening was down to sharing the same code as someone but neither seem likely.

Any possible ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back