Boiler timer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ferroli Optima 700 combi boiler. It works fine, with both hot water and central heating functioning as intended... except for the timer. A couple of weeks ago we set the timer to always off. A day or so later I set it back to come on in the morning and the heating didn't kick in. If I set the boiler to always on it works correctly, but it never starts on the timer anymore.

Any suggestions? It's really cold in the morning when I'm getting ready for work, and without the timer I can't start the heating before I get up!

Thanks.

Jonathan

Sponsored Links
Kick the woman out of bed to make her put the heating on.
She'll soon get fed up with that and buy a new timer ;)

Heh. I'd never sleep again if I tried that! But really the issue's more that our new puppy lives in the kitchen, and getting up to put on the heating will make him think he should be up.

Is that the solution then, get a new timer for the boiler? I know nothing about replacing/installing a timer, or where I would even get a replacement if that's the issue.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you have got a thermostat change it to a programmable one if not put in a remote timer next to boiler. The 4 wires are live & neutral then the 2 switching wires

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back