Boiler trouble - control valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Ferroli F30 boiler. I have hot water but when i turn the central heating on the boiler fires and the heating comes on but within about 30 seconds to a minute it starts to hiss and splutter then it shuts itself down.
i still have hot water though. i have recently had the pump changed but the problem still persists.
i have been told it could be the thermostatic control valve? is this correct?

Sponsored Links
Check you havn' t turned off all the radiator valves.

Also check the isolating valves for the heating flow/return pipes are open (when the pump was changed they may have been closed).

What does the installer that changed the pump have to say?

Was there really a problem with the pump?

Have you set the valves on their maximum setting or removed the valve heads to check the pins aren't stuck down.

Sponsored Links
Is the F30 a combi? If so could be the diverter valve stuck on dhw.

Hi
I have this very same problem with my Ferroli F30. I recently went away and turned down the thermostat to zero. On my return I turned it back up to 40.

The central heating boiler will now not stay on. It did fire up today, when I wacked it up to 60C.

It fired up, made a bit of a noise then switched off. The light comes on, to indicate that the boiler is on, but it will not fire up.

Does anyione have any ideas????

Many thanks
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back