boiler trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glow-worm 24ci boiler, fitted 2004, before i bought the flat. Have never been able to run a hot bath as the water does not run hot constantly. It runs hot for a couple of seconds on and off :confused:

Sponsored Links
I recommend getting the boiler serviced - find someone who can diagnose faults, not just clean and adjust.

The best way to find someone is to ask friends, relatives, neighbours and colleagues to recommend a company that they've used and have been happy with.

The plate heat exchanger is probably blocked it is quite common on these boilers.

Sponsored Links
Its not the plate HE blocked if it REALLY is only TWO seconds on and off.

Please measure EXACTLY how many seconds on and off so that we can tell you what it is !

Plate HE is about 10-30 seconds cycle time !

Tony

sorry might have exaggerated a bit, it runs for 20 seconds hot then runs luke warm, thats with the water temperature gage on max.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back