Boiler very patchy - fires gor hot water and then stops..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Wondering if someone could advise me on my boiler's patchy behaviour. It's a Biasi combi boiler installed in 2000. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth saving or to replace it.

It fires when the hot water is turned on and appears to work fine. Sometimes nothing happens and I can finish my shower. Other times it stops heating. When I get to the boiler it appears to be labouring to fire up. A good bang to the front gets it going again, which makes me think it's something mechanical, rather than electrical.

It first started happening about a month ago and I thought it was low pressure that was the problem. It was down to 0.1 bar. I topped it up but since then it has played up. Is it worth repairing this or should I replace it.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Josh

Sponsored Links
I can think of 4 different reasons why this happens, I wouldn't recommend trying to diy this.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comments. Complicated to fix then by the sound of it ? I won't DIY it in that case! I was hoping someone would mention a leaky hose or summat (I saw this on some of the other similar posts).

I'm in Herne Hill, SE London. Where should I look for a good plumber?!

Out of interest - what might the 4 possibilities be..?

Worth saving you reckon?

Many thanks,
Josh

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back