Boiler warranty problem

To be fair - I have seen a lot worse for more money, and I agree installed properly they should not course significantly more problems than other boilers.

Sponsored Links
You should hardly need the tech helpline at your level and the warranty wouldn't cover the OP's fault. The differences at production are probably measured in single £'s. All Giannoni type boilers are only fit for new systems.

I don't disagree with you....

But everything has a value. And not all of the engineers in the field have access to the resources we in the CC enjoy ;).

09 tech support line
no eBUS
no weather comp.
2 year warranty providing the engineer can turn up.
Less well laid out internals.

Whether that is worth £400 I'll let you decide. But you know my feelings on main stream boxers anyway ;).

Actually things move on Dan!

The Capriz has connections on plug X17 for ebus and external weather compensation thermistor!

Very good value for £400 !

But those who buy cheap boilers will not pay to have them installed properly!

I charge £840 to fit a new boiler whether its a Heatline or a Vaillant ! Its the same amount of work.

Builders expect them to be installed in one day for about £100-£150 ! That does not allow five hours for power flushing ( or in this case 2 hours to commission and complete the Benchmark Certificate! )

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the additional comments.

This boiler was bundled in as part of the main extension quote as an item in the under-floor heating portion of the job. We had initially requested to see the boiler price and details before agreeing to have it installed but when the time to install it came around we just wanted the build job finished (for other reasons).

Since then we have discovered all sorts of horrors to do with the old plumbing in our house dating back to the 70's and the installation of steel pipes made to look like copper. I have a horrible feeling that we need to get all the old pipes replaced, the system fully flushed and a boiler fitted by a true professional and not some half-arsed bodge.

This is probably the cause of the errors we are seeing in the new boiler? Old steel pipes and not having a proper flush of the system prior to install of the new boiler?

heatline are owned by Vaillant / Gloworm

the warranty would be done by the same serv' eng' who do the above boilers

boiler is almost identical to the gloworm betabomb same boiler as sold in B & poo but under a different name (Monza)

tacky & plasticky it may be ?? in which case it fits in well with most other boilers on the market except its cheaper ;) & comes with a 2 year warranty

as opposed to being tacky & plastic with a 5 year warranty sold at a high price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back