Boiler wet part quesition....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

What's the best way to replace a "wet" part in a boiler? I have heard that closing the boiler isolation valves can be troublesome with leaks on re-opening. Is it best to drain down the whole primary circuit or is it best to close all radiators and drain just the pipework?

Thanks for your advice, all the best.

Sponsored Links
depends what the part is really. some parts you can get away wih just dropping the pressure of at a drain point on the blr and some parts meed draining- experience is the thing here.
ps I don't want to start another is it /isn't it debate. But my understanding of the gas safety regs is that any work on a gas appliance constitutes working on a gas fitting, regardless of whether you are only working on the water side or not.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate all of your replies

As it is just 1 single open point I will just drop boiler pressure and replace it. But if it was a pump head etc with more then I'd drain down more to below boiler level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back