boiler won't fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Martin

Sorry I can't advise you on your current problem - I'm a simple travel agent!

I too am having problems with our new EcoTech plus 428 whereby the boiler won't fire up at times and pressing the 'I' button get the S53 code. Other times, when it's working ok I get the standard S1/2/3/4.

Not quite sure what you mean about 'Zones' - we have a straight forward detached house with 6 double rads of varying sizes downstairs and 6 singles upstairs plus 2 towel rails. All are linked.

When the boiler fires up, we get a 'clanking/rumbling' sound and I just wonder if it is air ? Also, I was interested in what you were saying about changing 'the d.0 'Heating part load' setting to 27kw' not sure what the 'd.0' is and maybe you wouldn't class my system as 'Zoned'

It is a problem especially when it's so cold and very frustrating when you have spent so much money on a new boiler ! Wife not impressed as you can imagine !

Many thanks and hope you can offer some advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I have exactly the same problem with my new EcoTech plus 428 as verypuzzled has. It's a real pain in the butt and wife not happy about being cold!

MalcToy

Why dont you do what everyone else does and call back the installer?

I am sure that when travel plans go wrong your clients bother you. I have a friend stuck in Thailand but that does not bother me much as he doesn't do much when he is back here and only goes over there to find new girlfriends.

The NTC is a little device which senses the temperature within the boiler. I expect its about 28 ° C in Thailand today.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back