Boiler wont swicth off

I dont think the heads on acl 2 ports are removable looks like a drain down and replace the complete valve, didint your plumber notice the valve was jammed ? I think most competant people would notice the boiler firing with no demand.

Sponsored Links
I dont think the heads on acl 2 ports are removable looks like a drain down and replace the complete valve, didint your plumber notice the valve was jammed ? I think most competant people would notice the boiler firing with no demand.

I think it was more a case of him not being bothered changing it. As you say he must have known!!

ok so i need to replace the motorised valve. Roughly how much am would this cost. On the net you can get them for slighltly less than £100 so im guessing a plumber would charge around £150 for a new one and fitted? Would this be close?

Thanks again

phone around , you should be able to get a rough idea of an average price.

We don't do quotes or price advice here, it is too boring. As P said, get a quote from a local.

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get a valve with a changeable head unit, then in future this would have been a simple DIY job without a drain down.
Research your prices of the valve thoroughly!
Whilst the job is being done it may be worthwhile swapping both valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back