Boiler works intermittently

This boiler has none of that.

I suggest you keep schtum.

There is no need to behave like a 20 yr old jealous kid!

Dan is spot on, you are posting about boiler issues when you are neither a RGI or know what you are talking about, which could lead to you giving incorrect or dangerious advice

Where does it say that you have to be an RGI to offer sound advice, and my advice was no BS, why do you say I don't know what I am talking about, may be you don't know what anti-cycling delay is then.

I know the OP's boiler doesn't have what you suggest, so i guess you have answered your own question

Sponsored Links
I don't have to know the OP's boiler to give general non-specific advice, as well as the anti-cycling delay can be incorporated within the room stats as well.

Hey Guys

I'm sorry to have caused this conflict, that wasn't my intention. I suppose on this forum I am a taker, but on a couple of other forums I am definately a nett contributor (Fords and Chryslers).

As such I am grateful to the people who took the time to reply. I understand that the advice is given in good faith and is an opinion, very difficult to diagnose from a distance.
I wouldn't follow the advice blindly, if I don't understand or not sure I would seek help from an expert.

In this instance mikefromlondon could well be right, I have been out for several hours and so haven't been"twiddling" with the thermostat and the house temperature is fine. Time will tell.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
A "twiddly" thermostat attached to a thorn boiler at best will have an anticipater in it. Chances are it is just an old, sticking thermostat, but we need more details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back