Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought it might be useful to know that I had a Vaillant TurboMax 82x E (can't remember now which specific model) combi fitted in a 4 bed terrace (sleeping 4 very clean female students plus myself). It was running a washing machine and a valve mixer shower, plus the other taps (separate toilet & kitchen). The flow rate in the shower used to reduce if the washing machine was drawing water, and once or twice it did behave a bit strangely, but in 5 years of use the only problem that I had was a broken diverter valve. We did have very good water pressure (the shower was a dream). I didn't take advantage of the 5 year guarrantee because I didn't think the cost of the extra phoneline was worth it (they should have LAN connections).

I'm looking for decent boiler for the house I've moved into (I've got a 20+ YO Myson, which has a plastic connector block where most would have a PCB and about 2 moving parts - cheap to repair, expensive to run :eek:).

I'm looking for economy over the life of the system - what do the combi nay-sayers recommend I fit? (Do you think I should keep the tank, is there some other system that's more efficient in the long term?)

Does anyone know of any survey of reliability? The JD Power car survey is really useful, is there an equivalent for boilers? I suppose any useful sites would be good to know about (and this one has been good to start at).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back