Dryer machine in boiler room?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I just moved into a new house. The boiler (I think its a combi) is in the kitchen in an open cupboard.

In there the previous owners used to have the fridge. I want to use that space for a washing machine and on top of that a dryer machine.

There is just enough space for this so the dryer machine will be very close to the boiler.

A plumber said the washing machine should be fine but he wasn´t sure about the dryer. He said it could damage the boiler but he said he didn´t really know.

Do you think the boiler should be all right?

thanks in advance for any info

Sponsored Links
If its an electric dryer and ducted to the outside then there should be no problem.

Thats assuming the boiler is a room sealed type!

Tony

oh ok that makes sense...

my drier is actually a condenser :S

Makes no difference!

Does your dryer have no vent to the outside?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Erh a CONDENSING DRYER has NO DUCT!! it passes cold mains water through a heat exchanger the hot moist air thravels through the heat exchanger and the moisture is condensed to water and away down the drain.

However the boiler service engineer won't be too chuffed if he is expected to move a large and heavy white goods appliance to get at the fixed boiler installation!! ;)

Make sure there's enough space for the drier to rock n' roll if it wants to. You don't want it knocking chunks out of the boiler every time it starts dancing about a bit as it tumbles a load of wet washing, or if it's forced to join the dance when the washing machine starts spinning a load.

thanks for the replays!

so in theory there shouldn´t be a problem with the hot dryer working under the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back