Boilermate 2 Primary return to heat generator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I have a Boilermate II. There is a pump attached to the primary return to heat generator pipe that is always running. It is set to its highest setting, 3. What does this do and can I turn it down to 2 so it runs quieter? There is a second pump attached to another pipe close to it which is also set to 3 but does not appear to be always running/as noisy. Any advice welcomed.

Thanks
Nathan

Sponsored Links
The primary pump is the one that runs when the boilermate calls for heat from the heat source. So essentially, for some reason either the boilermate thinks that the stored water is not up to temperature and hence not shutting off the pump, or the pump is not being told to turn off even though temperature has been achieved. Is the stored water getting up to temperature?

The second pump is the one which circulates the hot water round your radiators, so this will come on when your thermostat calls for heat. I wouldn't turn down either pump setting especially the primary one as it's likely the water will overheat and you get some scary noises as it vents to the header tank :) it certainly won't cure your problem.

Chances are either the delay timer PCB needs changing, or the temperature sensor. There's some simple fault finding you can do on the PCBs if you check the manual to see if they are operating properly.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back