BoilerMate 2000 sounding like it's about to explode!

It is a fair chance of it being the PCB.. Clearly the PCB is firing the boiler so it knows that the sensors are calling for heat.. Generally if there is 240v at the pump then it is the pump, if not then it is something further along the line... You can tell what the boiler is trying to do from the display but if the store is trying to heat and there isn't 240v at the pump, then my money is on the PCB

Sponsored Links
thanks once again,
Do you know if there are any cheap PCB.s about, cos I can see only expensive one.s online.
cheers
David

Hi, I have exactly the same fault, a local plummer said its the pump on the left, we replaced that but still banging at the downstairs boiler, he now wants to replace the PCB, I am just worried that if I pay to replace that and it still dosnt fix the fault i will be up the creak.

David teabag

If you employed him to fix your appliance then why are you paying for parts which do not fix the problem?

Surely that's his problem and not yours!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Aye your right Tony, but as usual I always try to do things on the cheap, the plummer is a friend of a friend and is trying his best, he is not self employed so any purchased parts have to be paid for.
Thanks anyway.
david

So he is working on the side without public liability insurance.

Quite apart from that his attitude is to make you pay for his deficiencies in diagnosing the fault.

Most, and there are some who do, engineers will accept the cost if they even make a mistake with a diagnosis.

But as a customer you could have a British Gas fixed price repair rather than trying to save money by someone working on the side making you pay for a full set of spare parts until he chances on something that fixed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back