Boiler's hot water mode only not working.

Sponsored Links
Uh oh - what have I started?

Either way, thanks for the advice - I've reported it, and if I'm in when it's repaired, I'll tell you what the fault was.
It sounds like the switch has gone as dave h said, ignore the fool.

Yes, based on what the OP has said, however unlikely that sounds, then it would be a faulty switch.

These are very cheap and unreliable boilers when cheaply installed but a faulty switch is a very rare occurrence, and certainly not one that I have encountered yet.

Tony

As said, ignore me because I AM a fool. Combi has no mid position Hot water takes precedent and I`ll just stand over here completely embarassed whilst sooey, dan n dave and all other posters find my coat

Sponsored Links
Well, I wasn't in during the fix but the contractor said that something on one of the electronic control boards had worn and wasn't fully functional. It's now working.

Thing is, the fix seems to be a bit... interesting...

9Hks237.jpg

The hot water dial now catches above where it does. It's not my personal boiler, being rented, so I'm not too fussed about the crossing out.

On a related note, I'm still not 100% about how the central heating works. I basically have three points at which heating is controlled. There's the thermostat, the temperature dial on the boiler and the dials on the radiators.

Googling hasn't revealed much except that it's suggested that the higher the dial on the radiator, the quicker it heats up. Is there any point doing anything other than just having the boiler heating settings to high and using the thermostat to control everything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back