boiling hot showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya, our system has just been changed to a combi system (Vaillant combi boiler). Our shower is a hose connected to the bath taps. Even with the hot water tempreture turned down, the shower is too hot. I've tried to turn on the cold tap fully and the hot tap only slightly but this does not help.
1) Any ideas why this would happen ?

2) just so I know, any suggestions on how this can be corrected ?

Thanks !!!!! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Do you still have a large cistern in the loft to feed cold water to your bathroom, if so this should have been disconnected when the combi was fitted, and the bathroom fed from the cold mains. It sounds like you have a low pressure cold supply trying to compete against a mains pressure hot and losing

well done sooey, you are spot on. I checked last night. This was a council job at my mums house. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix the problem, other than wait 6months for the council guy to return ? it will be difficult to connect the mains cold to the bathroom tap due to the design of the house..... thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
The easiest way to do it is up in the loft, just drain your tank and disconnect the rising main, then connect it to the distribution pipe that comes off the tank and feeds your bathroom. It's not the best way to do it but it will work, but bear in mind that whatever that pipe feeds that used to be on low pressure will then be on mains pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back