Bolier cut out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help i have just drained a Wocester 240 combi to install a towel rail and now i can't get the burner to stay on.

Each time the demand for hot water or heating is used the burner fires up for 30 seconds then goes out, followed by the pilot light.

There are all sorts of gurgling noises and banging coming from the bolier - is ther air in the system or does any one know what the problem might be.

Also when filling the system the loop did not close properly and raised the pressure over 3 bars- which was quickly reduced to 1 bar.

:oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, i did try and vent the pump but water just came out. Where would i find the air vent on a combi?

Would drianing the system down and refilling it do any good. :)

Sponsored Links
Yeah they are open - these were not shut when i drianned the system.

What would be the best way to clear this air out of the sytem?

Cheers

just to make sure the AAV is open and the pump is vented and spinning?

The pump seems to be making a bit of a noise and is red hot.

Also the pump seems to stay on when the burner goes of. Where will i find the air vent on a combi.

Thanks for your quick replies

If the pump is very hot then its seised.

Undo screw and turn shaft.

Probably stays on for pump over run!

tony

Sounds like pump is either seised. or running dry, as said try turning shaft on pump with a screwdriver.

The auto air vent is just above the main heat exchanger, to the left of the fan. Brass cylinder with a black tyre-valve type cap, which should be open a turn or so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back