Bolier noise - Intermittent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting an intermittent sqealing noise from the boiler. I thought it was when it was really cold and the water pressure had dropped usually early morning. The water was showing a BAR of 1 at this point. So I toped the water up and it now varies between 1 BAR and 2 BAR. Usually 1 BAR when cold. But the intermittent squealing sound is still there. But it's happened now a couple of times when the systems been hot in mid use. Sometimes it's cured by turning down the thermostat and turning back up.

This is a combination boiler by the way.

Boiler just been serviced a week before Christmas, I mentioned this to the engineer who thought it may have been water pressure because it was too low well below 1 BAR at this stage.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sometimes it can be pump impellors sticking due to sludge.......

Are all rads hot and fine or what?

I have this boiler in my house - but I aint all that sure on why it would be whining like that cos Ive never had same issue - erm, have u noticed any dripping water under boiler, cos sometimes as these have integral filling loop, the o ring can crack and water pass through into CH system, but then I would expect pressure to rise!!

Am stumped mate.......

I have noticed someting else with this now. When the whining noise starts if you turn on the cold water tap on and then off the whinning noise stops. What does anyone think about this please? Thank you for your help.

The other thing is the noise is more likely to happen when the weather is colder. Not sure if this helps or not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back