Bombproof bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm refitting a bathroom and wondered if anyone had found such a thing as a really bombproof bath waste? This is for a residential rental property.

For rentals I normally stick to the most reliable fittings I can get hold of as they can take a hammering. I have found that click clack wastes can get stuck, twist mechanism popup wastes break and metal fixings on regular plugs quickly corrode if the tenant uses drain cleaner. I noticed a lot of commercial bathrooms use captive plug basin wastes, so I copied them and have never had a problem, but I'm yet to find a bath waste that I'm confident will last more than a couple of years.

Has anyone out there found a decent option?

Sponsored Links
Yep - the old ways are sometimes the best - as close to bomb proof as you can get

1713299677059.png

If you can find one with a brass waste body and overflow grate then even better though they tend to be pricey but they'll last

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back