Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys having discovered a lot of loose crunching hollow sounding plaster whilst removing wallpaper it seems areas of my wall have parted company with the original bonding coat plaster.Ive chopped an area of about 1sq mtr out back to bare brick until the plaster seems solid again,swept the section and pva glued it including the edges of the original plaster.My question is regards the bonding coat plaster ive purchased,the original plaster layer is about 15mm thick,i guess i should do two layers at about 8mm,can i do first layer,scratch it then do the final layer in the same day (time frame between coats should be?)and also as im planning on wallpapering that wall is it safe to assume i can skip the finishing plaster as long as lining paper is used?. Many thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
Bonding is full of vermiculite which will make it hard for you to get a smooth surface, if you are trying to avoid buying two bags of different gear you could use one coat plaster / patching plaster instead. It's high build, although It may be easier to apply how you have suggested with two 8mm ish coats as it would much much less likely to slump. Once the first coat is setting up you can put the second coat on, if you rule that off flush with the wall you could apply a top coat of some one coat a bit runnier over the top to get a nicer finish. This stuff does sand alot easier than multi finish too if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back