bookcrossing.com

I

imamartian

i hope this doesn't contavene DIYnots rules in anyway, but i was at a fayre today and this guy was giving away books... allsorts for free.

Bur what it is, is a huge re-cycling project for books that's such a good idea.

Essentially you decide you no longer wnat a particular book, and log onto the site above and print off a label, and stick it on the cover of the book and write on a unique id number (bcid) you get from the site. Then you leave the book somewhere, anywhere... in a cafe, pub, park bench, dentists etc for someone else to find. You then log back on to the site and watch you book travel the globe... it is such a good idea.

Sponsored Links
Yep superb.........

On a par with gently grazing my eyeball with my late grandmothers toenail...... ;)

Sponsored Links
Why would it be interesting to see a book go round the world?

The charity shop I work in, if a book is deemed unsellable, ie the spine is bent, or the pages are yellowed, or balooned, then they go off to a place to be recycled, so THIS is what happens to them? Some weirdo attaches a tag and you can see where the book is stolen to?

Maybe ending up in my local doctors waiting room in 5 years time? So stealing books is legal now...or is this idea going down the pan?

Nowt wrong with books going round the world - £1.50 @ UK boot sale . £130 to Japan :LOL: Keep `em coming - Though mostly in bulk you have a job shifting them even to get money back :cry: Stolen to - is that like Gifted from :confused: All Property is Theft :evil:

Why would it be interesting to see a book go round the world?

The charity shop I work in, if a book is deemed unsellable, ie the spine is bent, or the pages are yellowed, or balooned, then they go off to a place to be recycled, so THIS is what happens to them? Some weirdo attaches a tag and you can see where the book is stolen to?

Maybe ending up in my local doctors waiting room in 5 years time? So stealing books is legal now...or is this idea going down the pan?

eh? who's stealing books? the idea is that it's a book you no longer want. And you don't have to watch it go round the world... it might not go round the world. And you don't have to watch it. It just gives other people the enjoyment, but without anyone making any money out of it...

And maybe it's not me who's the weirdo for sticking a stickeing on it, maybe it's you who's the weirdo for not getting such a great idea
:rolleyes:

do you think it`s a bit like Geocaching ,watching your bits and bobs travel all over the country, or the world in fact........

Sponsored Links
Back