Boost switch to install into Central Heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people. I have had to come back to this old chestnut again, due to people in a house I have, switching the central heating off timer on to "on" and leaving it.
I have looked at the Horstmann Electrisaver E15 which provides the ability to "boost" for either 15,30 or 60 minutes.
I wish to instal one into the wiring of my Halstead Finest Gold central heating control.
I think that I could introduce the "switch" in the wires which run from the back of the trip switch.
Any comments would be appreciated.
I have ended up with this choice as Halstead could offer no alternative.

Sponsored Links
What central heating programer do you have?, if you havn't already bought the boost timer then it probably going to be much better to swap the programmer for one that has a +1 hour function

What sort of layout does the heating system have? C plan, S plan, Y plan, etc?

Thanks Adam151; the programmer is inbuilt in the Halstead finest gold control panel (a combination boiler) in the form of a time clock with an override switch.
The wiring diagram shows four connections into the clock with the two reds being "switched".
Due to these tenants continually leaving the heating on, I want to put a one hour boost switch only, on a nearby wall, then lock the front panel in place, thereby making it inaccessible to alteration.
I hope that helps anybody who's been able to put any thought into this question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back