Horstmann Electrisaver Immersion Boost Tomer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a holiday home and I am fed up with people leaving the hot water boiler on when they leave the place, particularly when the place may then be empty for a while. The boiler is on a simple on/off switch, and the water gets hot quickly, and is only needed for the 2 sinks. (the shower hot water is instantaneous)

I want to fit a Horstmann Booster Timer (the e 15 model which boosts up to a max of 60 mins) Does this replace the on/off switch, or should it be as well as the on/off switch?

Sponsored Links
Because this is an electronic device, mount it downstream of a 13amp DP switched fuse-connection unit, as the Wiring Regulations prohibit electonic semicondutor devices to be used as isolation devices, because the 30 minute interval etc, starts from when the used hits the button, ther is no clock needed to be kept supplied.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back