Boosting a new mixer tap..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just fitted a nice new sink and mixer tap in the kitchen, but the hot water pressure seems too low to get any decent flow or spray out of the tap, cold water is fine.

My HW system is vented gravity, the HW cylinder is the floor above.

I assume my HW in the kitchen needs boosting and I've seen some single head pumps for around £100 that should fix the problem. Ideally I'd fit this just behind the sink as there is space. But the problem I think I have is that a) the pipework is 15mm (and most of the pumps seems to have 22mm hoses); b) the pipe run is probably 6 meters from the HW cylinder.

My question is can I expand up from 15mm to 22mm to connect the pump or is this going to put too much stress on the pump? Also does anyone else have any suggestions?

I already have 2bar pump next to the HW cyclinder (connected thru Surrey Flange) for the shower.

Thanks... Adrian

Sponsored Links
Might be cheaper/easier to get an new tap that is suitable for low head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back