Boris says....

If they tried to inject me with anything they'll lose a few good public servants.
I'd rather be killed by armed gestapo than submit to the pharmaceutical industry.

Sponsored Links
every day people are losing jobs and businesses. People are also dying because of lockdown. Its going to take years to repair. There has to be a balance.

A lot depends on how far they can get the daily infection rate down - into hospitals really as that is the most reliable info. Then if tied in to testing at some point it's likely to go even lower. That in turn reduces R even further. Social distancing is still needed. There have been mention of masks for England but in order to increase peoples confidence when using transport. Distancing make transport tricky unless people use cars. I find it hard to believe that simple masks would be ok on a crowded train and repeated use for protection is dubious. Preventing some one spreading it yes but how good is it. If some one coughs near you a face mask is needed as per the NHS. ;) So is the suggestion of wearing them really a U turn?

With a bit of luck things finish up like Korea or virus fails to infect anybody and dies out. Then people coming into the country become a problem. Also populations deciding it's over so another peak but mild this time in Korea's case.

Jobs - some will go what ever they do even though what they have done is pretty good really. Airlines for instance know usage will drop restructure. There will be many like that some not so obvious. It's going to happen so no point in trying to achieve a balance really. If landlords and rates etc freeze and the people working there etc can eat maybe not at there usual standard there isn't really any need to go bust. Stumbling on etc some way or the other isn't such a good idea unless it does cover running costs. Mortages, loans etc need to just halt and not accrue interest. If the person at the end of those go bust they ain't going to get any more back anyway.

I think economics post CV19 will need a rethink. If countries are burdened with debt they are going to have a hard point to start from. I wonder if it might just get wiped off at some point. While that might sound daft it isn't. I can just see one country saying you have wiped off more than me etc. But penalising countries that have reached high levels purely down to covid just makes the world a harder place to get going again.

Sponsored Links
If they tried to inject me with anything they'll lose a few good public servants.
I'd rather be killed by armed gestapo than submit to the pharmaceutical industry.
A bold position. Stupid, but bold.

Sponsored Links
Back