Bosch 30SI compact query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Just want to ask a few questions with regards to my boiler and installing a smart thermostat.

I am looking at a few smart thermostats and wondering what the best would be?

I have the above boiler which is controlled only by a honeywell ST6100A timer only which is in the kitchen. The cable comes through the wall and connects to the socket to the right of the boiler. Then a cable comes from said socket into the boiler.

I don’t have a thermostat in any room and want to install just the timer and I believe this model is obsolete.

can I remove the old programmer totally and install the smart thermo and which was is easiest to install & set up?

sorry if this has all been answered before.

Cheers
Stuart.

Attachments

• D469BE33-58B0-4542-B8D3-12D59ACD0671.jpeg
    D469BE33-58B0-4542-B8D3-12D59ACD0671.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 46
  • E01F2747-085E-4675-8B83-516480173D1A.jpeg
    E01F2747-085E-4675-8B83-516480173D1A.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 38
Sponsored Links
Cheers Ian, so if I was to go for a nest 3rd gen would it be a case of just removing the old programmer completely and install the heat link as required and set up the nest on the stand etc old house with thick walls or can I place the nest where the old programmer is on the kitchen wall?

it says the heat link has to be 30cm from the boiler but some videos show this is actually nearer than that, where my boiler is I can fit the heat link 30cm from the bottom of the boiler on the left would that be OK?

sorry if questions sound a bit repetitive but just want to make sure before I fork out the money. Will probably go for a professional install anyway.

The 30cm distance is simply a distance to stop interference of the wi-fi signal, i have seen them installed with much less clearance than that, without any problems, usually easiest to install the heat link where the existing programmer is, as all the wiring you need is usually there, you can put the thermostat any where you want

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back