Bosch Classix Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got a quick question about the above.

The red 'Check Water' LED came on today on the front of the machine and the Mrs said it wouldn't run while it was on. I came in from work and flicked through the manual and as instructed undid the filters that sit in a little sump at the bottom of the machine, giving them a good clean under the tap before refitting. Started her up and the light had gone out and performed a wash cycle with no trouble at all.

I noticed though that after the wash cycle there is about 2-3mm of mucky water sitting in the very bottom of the sump that the filters lock into - I just wondered if this was normal or if you would expect the bottom of the sump to be dry and free of any water? I only ask as this is the first time that I have cleaned the filters out so I have never noticed whether there is normally a little water in the bottom of the sump . Popped the little cover off that seems to protect the pump impellor and there seems to be no foreign bodies or gunk clogging anything and the impellor spins okay.

There is no water left in the main body of the machine after a wash cycle so the vast majority of water going into the machine must be draining away okay.

Sponsored Links
This is normal, all dishwashers do it.
If there wasn't any water left in the sump you would soon notice a bad "drain smell".

Thanks, I wondered if it might be a type of 'u-bend' effect to keep any nasty stenches out! Won't start dismantling anything then looking for a non-existent problem!

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back