Bosch Classixx 1200 Express - posible multiple problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Three days ago the washing machine failed to drain...........ah I thought, check pump filter = stuck/jammed.............tipped machine onto side and uncliped black hoses, found Lord Lucan and loads of other bodies inside. Righted machine, ran quick drain test, pump ran OK but seemed noisy/clicky to me (assumed this was just down to the fact that no/little water in the machine.

Faithful servant used it yesterday when I was at work, first load = all OK. But midway through second load, the RCD blew (not sure if it was the machine or not....we live in a village with loads of power cuts...and an old house with 'interesting' electrics)

Restored power, machine did not finish cycle.

Tried running machine with no clothes - doesn't seem to want to fill. Can still get the drain function to work, but motor still sounds noisy to me. Have disconnected black drain hoses and ran clean water from the
outlet hose abck through the machine to see if it was blocked further up, but all running clear/fine........definately nothing blocking drain motor.

Any suggestions greatly received.

Sponsored Links
Update.

Have removed the motor and brushes from the machine - brushes very worn. Bought new replacement brushes & refitted.

Can now get machine to fill, and the drain...............but not spin.

What should I try next?

I called the shop that I bought the brushes from and asked advice.

Shop advised to remove motor again, take motor apart (housing etc), and locate a 'fuse' inside the housing. Hit the 'fuse' hard with a bolt & hammer. It is not actually a fuse, more like a overheat switch which is meant to cut in/out if there is a power surge (as caused by failed brushes). Shop advised that probably this 'fuse' had got stuck, and hitting it would free it up.

Tried this, refitted everything back in place........and.........BINGO................all working fine again.

I would thoroughly recommend buying spares from a local supplier rather than buying on the net - its worth it for the free advice & experience they can offer.

My brushes would have cost £9 on espare + postage and taken 1-2 days to arrive.

Local supplier had brushes in stock and charged £10.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back