bosch classixx 1200 not turning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my Bosch washing machine has a leak. I tipped it back, 45 deg, looked underneath and found the leak. Now the motor won,t run at all .Spin or wash. Any Ideas ? Tilt switch, perhaps, coincidental brush failure seems unlikely.

Sponsored Links
Motor plug dislodged...broken/loose wire on the connector...belt off?
There isn't a tilt-switch. Have you checked the brushes etc?

Sponsored Links
Ah..Brushes gone. Also front Seal. The machine worked once and then stopped..Got DM Jones in Mold, Flintshire to look at it. £140 to fix it with a recon motor and a new seal. No points for getting the man but thats the tale !

Everything you say is right. I was getting into a week of nights, the house was filling up with washing, the women were going to be unhappy very quickly had I not fixed it. The man had a good argument about changing the bearings and the motor being filled with carbon and a half plausible argument about brass from the brush base getting between the segments.
Just checked prices,the brushes for this M/c are £37.99 and the seal costs £20. So ive got peace of mind, happy women quickly and a guarantee. yes there is guilt and lack of cash, but its fixed. thanks.

I understand completely ;)
Domestic appliance bods need to make a living as well...but stretching this to a "recon motor" is spreading it a bit thick.
Where do you think the "recon motor" came from?...a scrap machine & the motor got a new set of brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back