Bosch Classixx 6 1400 won't spin on some programs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with my Bosch washing machine, which is about 3 years old and hasn't had that much use.

On some programs (like 40 degrees cottons) it finishes the program before the spin stage, so the clothes is all wet and the door will not open. No error codes come up.

If I select the spin program manually it does it just fine and the door opens after it's complete. There are no funny noises whilst the machine is spinning.

On some other programs (like 30 degrees cottons), the cycle runs through normally, the spin works fine and the doors open.

I have checked the filter at the front of the machine and it's nice and clean too.

I'm a bit baffled by this problem, I'm beginning to think the circuit board must be faulty, but have no idea how to diagnose if this is the case.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick

Sponsored Links
PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Description below to help others in a similar position:

Turns out this washing machine has a timer to limit how long it will empty for. I guess this is to stop damaging the water pump. If your machine's waste water hose is blocked, or even partially blocked, the machine will not empty properly and consequently will not spin.

My waste hose became blocked because it is made out of two flexible pipes linked with a one way valve (so water does not go back into the machine). The valve is obviously a weak point as it got a bit blocked with lint, nothing much, but obviously enough to upset the Bosch washing machine.

Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back